A note to you who is reading this:

Please leave a comment about my posts so I can know what others thoughts are. I also will answer all questions you may have about our farm so do not be shy :-)

Sunday, March 21, 2010

First day of spring

To day is the vernal equinox or the first day of spring. It got cold last night(19 degrees) so the sap is running good. something very funny happened today while we were eating breakfast. One of our neighbors who has sheep came and started looking in his livestock trailer he had stored here for the winter. I went out to see what he needed, he said he was looking for his tail docker and thought it might be in the trailer. He had 4 lams born recently and needed to dock their tails. So than I told him he could use our tool. But then I could not find it! so we are now both in the same fix! I hop I can locate our tail docker before we need it, I probably put it in a special spot so it would not get lost!

I saw a sure sign of spring today a Mourning Cloak Butterfly!
Morning cloak (sic) butterfly picture

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a pretty butterfly! I don't think we get that kind in ND, or at least I haven't seen any...
Isn't that always the way it works? You put something somewhere where you KNOW you will remember it, then next time you want it, you just can't remember where that specal place was... ARGH!
Andrew B.