A note to you who is reading this:

Please leave a comment about my posts so I can know what others thoughts are. I also will answer all questions you may have about our farm so do not be shy :-)

Sunday, March 14, 2010

The wether today is mild and windy. Most of the snow is gone there might be some still on the north slopes and back in the woods. Normally I would be boiling maple sap,but it is to warm for the sap to flow. It needs to get down below 32 at night and up in the 40's in the day to get a good run. I have only made six gallons of maple syrup so far, so I hope we get some cold wether soon. In a ''good'' year I can make close to 60 gallons.I put good in quotes because it dose not seem right to call a year good or bad. Maybe it will stay warm and the grass will start growing. This could give us an extra month of grazing. God works every thing out for good.

No comments: